Sight & Sound

Because so many people will be driving back past this today, here is the Mandurah train sculpture. (I hope I haven’t put this up before). I don’t think it’s soooooo bad. Worse is the fact that the train doesn’t go all the way into Mandurah. The thought of having to queue for a bus at the end is enough to make me think, “Fuck it I’ll drive”. Many associate this piece with Alannah. It won’t be as noticed soon, as they have finally almost finished the bypass to bypass the Mandurah bypass, which for some reason they designed to be narrower than the original road.

mandurahAnd in case I have put this up before, here is a classic speller from Jane to sweeten the deal. Thanks Jane.

audio

This entry was posted in worst art, worst public art, worst sculpture, worst spelling and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Sight & Sound

Very useful possessive apostrophe, TLA. I could have found myself perusing electronics next time I was after bait and a monster make-up handbook.

Throughout the entire imagining process, did no one suggest the Mandurah piece was a little, erm, phallic?

3. Frank Calabrese says:

Speaking of Sights and Sounds, the Rockin Commish Dr Karlo will be spinning the discs and formulating policy via pone feedback on Curtin FM this arvo between 3-6pm :-)

4. Ribbon says:

I love the way you capture Perth’s true colours!

best wishes Ribbon :-)

5. neen says:

I prefer this sculpture to the one at an earlier station, near Cockburn I think, which has the massive photos of random people’s faces. They look like they might be missing persons. I understand their faces are a montage of typical local residents -but it doesn’t do it for me.

6. Hugh Jass says:

Damn, Jane beat me to it. The Audiocom building (or ex Audiocom building) is on Gt Eastern Highway in Midland.

I saw it a few weeks ago but didn’t have a camera with me.

7. Frank Calabrese says:

Just found this ad for Sunraysia Cranberry Juice which was a staple on Ch 9 when the parent company owned the station.

Ahh, the joys of nepotism and conflict of interest.

8. Sledge says:

The train doesn’t go all the way?
    Didn’t know Virgin Rail was operating in Perth!

9. vincent says:

After catching the worlds emptiest train which could also boast as having the worst scenery I wondered who it was that was scratching their beliefs on all the windows.

One thing for sure is that the hardware stores must think that engraving is proving extremely popular with the uneducated and those who wear caps.