Santa Head Shot, Worst On Tour New Zealand

Is it wise to have a Santa head stuffed and mounted next to other exterminated wildlife? Think of the children! This is in Timaru, a sort of Bunbury of the South Island.

I was after a wild pig...

I was after a wild pig...

But on the other hand, Timaru seems to have an excellent attitude to public art, ie put a bag over it. If Perth could only bag up more of our public artworks, the city would be in much finer shape. There is something quite touching about the face of peace having a bag over it. In any case, kudos Timaru, you handle your public art a lot better than we do.

peaceface

peacefaceplaque

This entry was posted in *Worst of New Zealand, worst advertising, worst art, worst public art, worst sculpture and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Santa Head Shot, Worst On Tour New Zealand

Margriet Windhausen, TLA ? What kinda name is that ? It’s clearly a Christo Vladimirov Javachef and Jeanne-Claude Denat de Guillebon.

Oops … Javacheff.

3. Vic Demised says:

I think the bag *is* the sculpture, TLA. Squint, and it’s obviously the mutant offspring of Bob Hawke and a black cat. Or maybe Blanche.

4. Orbea says:

The bag over the head is reminiscent of Michael Hutchence. No?

5. Groucho says:

I think this sculpture expresses the true Kiwi feeling “Fuck Peace, but only if you put a bag over her head”

6. johnnyscrotum says:

There is a possibility it’s not a mistake my friends. Maybe black plastic is the face of peace in New Zealand? I’m sure Gandolph wore plastic in LOTR yeah?

7. I don’t get it. You like the throwaway pic of the bagged sculpture, but don’t dig the mounted Santa head with the firearms and the deer. I’ll never understand youse pigs. Never.

We are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, in a garbage bag, LA.

9. Pingback: Le Rayon Vert » The Worst of New Zealand

10. Paul says:

Just for the record, this is what the sculpture actually looks like:

Face of Peace - Magriet Windhausen

and

Face of Peace - Magriet Windhausen

11. Bailey says:

Is it possible to buy the stuffed Kudo head in the photo above. Does anyone know who to contact about it? Or does anyone know of a stuffed Kudo head (toy)?

Please advise, and thanks!

12. Bailey says:

Thanks, do they have any websites? I am in the US and my grandson is wanting a Kudo head (it doesn’t have to be real, but he knows what they look like, Cabela’s Big Hunt) and I wanted to buy one for him for his birthday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

13. Bailey says:

I will try that and thanks for the info. Have a good evening!

14. Vic Demised says:

I think Bailey googled “kudo” and mistook your “kudos, Timaru” for a description of the dead thing mounted near Santa, LA.

Perhaps he means kudu?

(Which reminds me: Snuff, where is my mounted kudzu you promised me? I hear on the grapevine it’s as splendid as herring…)

16. Pingback: Weekend Worstoff 65 « The Worst of Perth