Watermelon Shark Fin

You lie watermelon. You lie through your red seeded arse. In fact why should I even believe you are red just because you say so? Red? Bullshit. From David Cohen. Yes, a fucking outrage.

And I include this Northbridge shark fin, because it is a worst food. It’s a horrible glutinous sticky mass. Yes I’ve eaten it. That some poor bastard shark died to make a really crappy dish is a real worst.

This entry was posted in worst food and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Watermelon Shark Fin

1. forkboy says:

is that a dried sharks vagina next to it?……..how many more sharks have to undergo forced Hysterectomies in order to satisfy our insatiable appetite for shark poonany……….save the sharks NOW!

2. “is that a dried sharks vagina next to it?”
    You wish.

Actually I think that might be a sea cucumber.

3. vic demised says:

I have also sampled this dish, LA, but unlike you, I quite enjoyed it. That was in the 1970s, when sharks were the enemy of every movie-goer, and great whites stalked the streets. How things have changed.

4. Yes indeed Forkie it is a dried Shark vangina : for the dried shark’s ( apostrophic) vangina Chinese pervert’s market ….. !?

5. flynn says:

The Chinese characters don’t say “product of Australia” by any chance?

6. Looks like it says “fish fin” to me, but I assume that’s shorthand for shark.

7. forkboy says:

None of you obviously know the medicinal and highly potent aphrodisiac qualities of shark vagina. Mrs Forky has one before bed every night. Its like a feeding frenzy at dusk when the lights go out….WOOF!

8. forkboy says:

Lazy @ 6 – I think it says shark wings

9. #8, oh, it does too. I was thinking of 翄

10. forkboy says:

#9 – ah wings , fins……..all the same really…same character different translation……………….I prefer to think of sharks as mythical flying beasts…..you may prefer the underwater variety….

No, Frances, http://tinyurl.com/4y6tp4 I don’t.

Oh, now http://tinyurl.com/4xwkyc you’re talking !

12. Cellobella says:

Not red – and I don’t care if they won’t grow if you plant them – those white bits? They are seeds.

So… I agree. False advertising.

13. Wendy says:

Shark’s fin soup is delicious. You must have had the cheap knock off – shark’s fin soup minus the actual shark’s fin.

14. I was honoured guest at good Singapore Restaurant! Fault definitely with fin. Also have had bird nest soup. A bit nesty for mine.

15. Cooper says:

my relatives on my mom’s side of the family tried to make me eat it. i think i had the same problem at the time i heard it was bird spit. but for the sake of health, I am now taking it regularly.

btw, i don’t buy the super-expensive kind like old people do. the ready-to-drink kind at the stores are pretty affordable. (e.g. http://www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm)

16. Roger says:

Being somewhat in the industry, I presumed Australian restaurants serving shark fin soup must simply utilise the fins from sharks caught for eating, but obviously not!

In the greatest seafood location in the world (WA), why in the world do we still import or kill sharks to get their fins?!?!? We don’t even sell our own Australian seafood at Coles or Woolworths, absolute discrace.

The other day someone bought me some frozen fish and the scientific name matched one fish caught in inland estuaries in Asian, the actual commercial name was in reference to a fish caught in the ocean, 5,000km away.

Go Woolworths! Fucking idiots.