The Worst of Perth

Welcome to The worst of Perth. Soon I’ll be posting the worst examples of Perth design, art, culture and architecture. I don’t claim to have seen the worst of everything. You’ve seen a worse example in any category? Let me know and it will be posted in all its glory. Unfortunately defamation cannot be posted at this time.

If you’re visiting Perth and want to know the worst to avoid or to revel in, we will track it down.

This entry was posted in worst of perth. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Worst of Perth

1. cricketk says:

On the corner of Roe Highway and Great Eastern Highway in Midland, there are fake plastic palms on top of a roof. I think it may be a pool place, but I’m so distracted by the hideousness of the palms every time I go by, that I fail to notice the actual business.

2. lazyaussie says:

Thanks cricketk. I was planning a trip down Midland way to get some contenders for ugliest brothel (now that The Happy Haven on guildford road is a hire car place). I find real Cocos to be more ugly than fake ones, but we’ll see. Jesus my mailbox is stackin up with Perth ugly. I’ll have to hire a driver and an offsider soon.

3. Jezebel says:

Once upon a time when I was a homes magazine editor, I used to dream of publishing a spoof mag called Wogitecture Today in homage to the truly awful pastiche houses that populate Perth. I’ve seen more marble, columns, interior fountains and chandeliers than can be good for your mental health. Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing an outlet for my angst. Expect images from me soon!

4. lazyaussie says:

Excellent. I’m hoping for some contributions, because I’ll need to hire someone to cover all the ugliness at this rate.

Opposite to the Blame it on the Boogie Nights house a couple of posts ago are some awesome marble and column places.

I used to do videos for Italian weddings in the 80’s, all of which began at the bride’s house. So i think we can both appreciate the horror each other has experienced.

5. The airport. Don’t need to say anymore than that. Worst in Australia.

6. lazyaussie says:

The outside Bill? Or in general. Have you seen Kalgoorlie airport?

7. RubyRuby says:

Truly, from little things, big things grow…

Where do you think this will end up, TLA?

Do you have plans for world domination?