My eyes! My beautiful eyes!

The only way I could get a shot of this nude painting in a Beaufort Street shop was to stand behind it to block the reflections on the face. To my horror when I opened the file I found that that she now had my ears. And the shape of my head. And sort of blended facial features.  She actually has long hair washed out by the reflection. You may not be able to get this image out of your head. I don’t want to talk about it.

Sort of familar

Sort of familar

This entry was posted in worst art and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to My eyes! My beautiful eyes!

1. Mike says:

The body is very well painted, then the apprentice took over to paint the head.

An excellent painting of a hooker on a sofa during lawn collection season with caltex in the background.

2. Grrr says:

Is the Caltex part of the painting, or the reflection?

3. shazza says:

The toothbrush moustache is a particularly fetching aspect to her/(his?) beauty. Stunning would be an apt description….I am stunned.

4. Bill O'Slatter says:

Everything is going well till the head. To quote Marlin in Apocalypso ” the horror , the horror”.

I love that little arm reaching up from the left to grapple the mountain of flesh.

One of Cookster’s daylight saving mannequin zombies?

Is she also wearing your kimono, TLA?

• You an old cunt today Outrage I see from facebook?

• David Cohen says:

Yes, TLA, 43 today. For my birthday I would like:

* world peace
        * a chicken in the pot and a car in the garage of every media worker
        * Dockers premiership
        * daylight saving

Please drop these off at the Post.

I believe you are a tiny bit older than me, TLA?

• 1 & 2 you’ve got a chance. 3 & 4 are a kind of sickness. Wait number 2 no chance either.

• Bill O'Slatter says:

All no chance. Floggin dead horses is part of the outrage deal. Anyways many more years of outraging to you DFOC and happy birthday.

• Bento says:

Happy Birthday, DFOC.

A rousing family chorus of L’Internationale around the Herring Cake this evening, followed by a splash of Howling Wolves?

• Frank Calabrese says:

Gees 1 year younger than me :-)

Happy Birthday :-)

• skink says:

happy birthday DFOC

maintain the rage, and the affront.

I cannot give you world peace, but I observed a minute’s silence in your honour at noon today in remembrance of your lost youth.

• David Cohen says:

Thanks guys. I’m looking forward to getting home after a hard day’s word-processing, unwrapping things (including, I hope, a copy of World War Z by Max Brooks), kissing my wife’s bust and the busts of Marx and Engels, eating pizza topped with herring and getting my drink on. Rage maintenance will resume tomorrow.

6. Vic Demised says:

TLA, it’s a long time since I’ve seen your tits. I didn’t realise how much I miss them.

Wasn’t it really uncomfortable, sitting there in “Tranny-tuck” position to hide your equipment?

artist: “can I smell your minge?”

model: ” certainly not.”

artist: “then it must be your feet.”

8. Groucho says:

I think she is trailer mounted.

And lucky the station was self serve, remember the good old days when you would wind the window down and say “fill’er up mate”……

• Snuff says:

Come for a nostalgic drive in Nihon sometime, Groucho. You’ll have at least 3 impeccably uniformed staff offering you washcloths, cleaning your windows and mirrors, and putting a tiger in your tank before you can say “Mantan Regular, onegaishimasu.”

p.s. I don’t want to talk about it either, TLA.

This old lady minge/Hitler/Lazy Aussie/Catlex morph belongs atop the Cockburn Central Train Station.

10. Johnny Nonation says:

All the streets are crammed with things
    Eager to be held
    I know what hands are for
    And I’d like to help myself
    You ask me the time
    But I sense something more
    And I would like to give
    What I think you’re asking for
    You handsome devil
    Oh, you handsome devil

Let me get my hands
    On your mammary glands
    And let me get your head
    On the conjugal bed
    I say, I say, I say

I crack the whip
    And you skip
    But you deserve it
    You deserve it, deserve it, deserve it

A boy in the bush
    Is worth two in the hand
    I think I can help you get through your exams
    Oh, you handsome devil

Oh, let me get my hands
    On your mammary glands
    And let me get your head
    On the conjugal bed
    I say, I say, I say

I crack the whip
    And you skip
    But you deserve it
    You deserve it, deserve it, deserve it

And when we’re in your scholarly room
    Who will swallow whom ?
    When we’re in your scholarly room
    Who will swallow whom ?
    You handsome devil

Oh, let me get my hands
    On your mammary glands
    And let me get your head
    On the conjugal bed
    I say, I say, I say

There’s more to life than books, you know
    But not much more
    Oh, there’s more to life than books, you know
    But not much more, not much more
    Oh, you handsome devil
    Oh, you handsome devil
    Ow !

• Orbea says:

Is Mozz touring again? I don’t see the relevance of this Smiths song

• Bento says:

TWOP gets a little like a Douglas Coupland novel at times – repetition of in-jokes, jaded world-weary cynicism, rampant metrocentrism, and apparently incongruous Smiths references.

11. I was hoping perhaps to be as Saki novel.

12. Midlandia says:

Happy birthday, David! May the next year of your life be full of living, loving and learning. Maintain your (out)rage.

I’m inclined to agree with most people here; the face spoils what could have otherwise been a nice painting. Jeez, the brushstrokes and the sense of anatomy don’t seem to match up! It’s like what Lovecraft said: what is seen cannot be unseen.