Weekend Worstoff 14

Another Eastern European submission from International Worster Bento. Yes Bento. The kids are very creepy.

And closer to home, Ben remembered Dongers of Wa Art and noted that students had made an addition to the Curtin Uni donger man.

Lauredhel at Hoyden about Town is not happy with The Western Suburbs Weekly running this dumb Asian accent throwback cartoon. Terrible. It should definitely be “clack me up.”

Lauredhel says… Hey there Worsties,
WA Today has taken a fair (and just) beating from the Worst; I was wondering if you’d like to give Western Suburbs Weekly a go? They ran this cartoon this week:

Lauredhel

And here’s me doing a much classier job of making fun of asian accents a la standup.

CK was similarly enraged by this model wearing teh stars and bars in this ad in xpress magazine. I was more outraged at the price. $179 for a haircut? get outta here.

And one more simple worst from Teh ‘rage David Rottobloggo Cohen from East Perth. Nice one your rageship, and I think quite a good weekend worstoff.

This entry was posted in *Worst of The World, weekend worstoff, worst advertising, worst sign, worst spelling and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 14

1. Rolly says:

I guess that there wasn’t room for the blokes shed as well.
    Damned tiny ‘infill’ blocks.

2. Frank Calabrese says:

HEre is the classic Oz Rock Classic The Loved One by The Loved ones which features a young Lionel Yorke when he was a 3AK Melbourne Good Guy.

3. Frank Calabrese says:

[Here is the classic Oz Rock Classic The Loved One by The Loved ones which features a young Lionel Yorke when he was a 3AK Melbourne Good Guy.]

Bugger, embedding the vikdeo didn’t work :-(

Here’s the URL :-)

4. Rolly says:

The cartoon if the Wet Sububs Weakly is not likely to be seen by many.
    My mates son delivers the thing and reckons that it’s a complete waste of time. He says that many of them are still in the letterboxes when he goes around with another lot of advertising stuff later in the week, others are just lying around on the ground. He estimates that most of the rest have gone directly into the garbage, unopened and unread.

5. Rolly says:

As for the attractive lass with the expensive hair do (not really, it’s pretty normal; women are great wasters when it comes to “personal grooming”): If she’d tried that stunt in the days when that flag held currency, the ‘Southern Gentlemen’ in their white robes and pointy headgear would soon have made a flaming example of her.

6. Rolly says:

As for the statue, that’s too close to home for my comfort.

7. CK says:

“CK was similarly enraged…”

No. I was fucking outraged I tells ya.

That’s the spirit CK. Much as I approve of any vexillological exposure, it’s kinda like a Benetton gone wrong/Worst, and thus deserves the greater outrage level.

9. Vic Demised says:

Re: David’s sign… it may be indicating that this is the appropriate place to park your mobile home.

10. Mazarina says:

haha, LOVE David’s sign! Why does anyone even bother trying to use words anymore, when the scourge of illiteracy is rampant. Another example I saw on the train this morning – an ad on the back cover of a magazine for ‘magnificant’ cruise ships.

11. margeryx says:

In the end it didn’t take a totalitarian government to introduce ‘New Speak’, it just happened when we weren’t looking.

2 busy txting R homies

12. Frank Calabrese says:

Who remembers just before the CH 9 news at 6pm with the clock and the HPC Pest Control Jingle ?

and a second version.

13. Frank Calabrese says:

OMG, Here are Burgo AND Tony Murphy giving us Xmas Greetings at the Nine News Desk.

14. Mez says:

btw

the Curtin Donger Man photo looks photoshop-ed

…but maybe I am looking too hard

15. No I think it’s real.

16. Rolly says:

Franco@13

I clicked that link a couple of days ago: My stomach is, at last, beginning to settle.

Please, no more :/