Crustacean Malfunction

(HAL) “I’ve just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It’s going to go 100% failure in 72 hours.”

(2001 A Space Odyssey)

From Mr XY, who is becoming a worst food specialist. Who could forget his eggs derelict? Unknown malfunction in a Fremantle Prawn Gyoza. Probably electrical – or wardrobe.

And for those that can see youtube, an experiment with our first original video submitted. (Yes this means you can send me videos.) Another Mr XY dining experience during recent rains. Exciting video. Water running down walls in a Karawara restaurant. Reminds me of Li Bai. 李白

Watching the Waterfall at Lu Mountain
Sunlight steams purple mist off Incense Peak.
Far away, the waterfall is a long hanging river
flying three thousand feet straight down
like the milky river of stars pouring from heaven.
Li Bai

This entry was posted in worst food, worst sign and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Crustacean Malfunction

1. squib says:

What a charming water feature. I think I’ve seen that on Better Homes and Gardens

2. Ollie Lindsell says:

I wonder at what point that they would decide it might be necessary to close for business for the night….clearly flooding is not an obstacle. Situations like that in restaurants always beg the question” itf they are willing for punters to witness that, what things do they feel need hiding..(think about the kitchen)”

3. It’s BYO your own guttering.

4. cimbali says:

I am sorry but I just can’t have a go at this restaurant for this act of God. The shop I work in was newly refurbished over 18 months ago when the business moved in but every time it rains heavily outside it also rains heavily inside. That really heavy rain two weeks ago had a water features running down the entire length of the shop which damaged thousands of dollars worth if stock!
    Sadly the landlord who is responsible for the building doesn’t seem to see that it is a major concern! If this restaurant owners also own the building then you have a point but if they are waiting on the landlord to do some repairs then they might need to think about installing a fish tank in the vicinity.

That attractive artwork on the wall is getting a good rinse. Well done Mr XY.
    Maybe the dumplings were stuffed?

6. Mez says:

Most of the food at Fremantle Markets is out of order but the punters form a queue every weekend.

I do like the food stain on the homemade sign though, as if the waitstaff couldn’t be bothered cleaning the miso off their fingers before declaring the dish defunct.

7. Rolly says:

Hi, Gene 8O

8. Mez says:

sorry Gene’s gone home but he’s left his sister Mary in charge

typhoid, that is

9. Anonymous Perthon says:

Well it makes a change, the Prawn Gyoza normally goes “out of order” once its in your stomach not before

10. Anonymous Perthon says:

Rolly do I want to know what your new avatar/gravatar picture thingy is of?

11. Rolly says:

me :D

12. Rolly says:

There was an old man with a beard,
    Who said, “It is just as I feared;
    Two Larks and a hen,
    Two ducks and a wren,
    Have all built their nests in my beard!”

Edward Lear (1812 – 1888 )

13. Tony T says:

Put some live seafood in the waterfall. Sorted.

14. Bedfords Crackpot Fraternity! says:

GOLD!!Love that waterwall feature…I have one too but not quite as freeflowing, more “creeklike”, very BladeRunner!!
    Rolly is your avatar the St Georges “Flag of the Terrace”?

15. Rolly says:

BCF, if you mean the one of the yellow cross on black, That’s an ancient flag once used by Dewi Sant (St. David). It’s a Taff I am you see, Boy. (Or was, some 40 year ago.)