Oh my achin’ back.

I’ve never seen a chair that radiates discomfort as much as this one. What the…? This wagon wheel would have died a better death in a Maylands garden wall than in this abortion of a chair in Cannington.

wagonchair1.jpgwagonchair2.jpg
add to del.icio.us :: Add to Blinkslist :: add to furl :: Digg it :: add to ma.gnolia :: Stumble It! :: add to simpy :: seed the vine :: :: :: TailRank

This entry was posted in worst furniture and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Oh my achin’ back.

1. Blandwagon says:

I put it to you, sir, that this is not a real wagon wheel, but some sort of faux wheel created so that ordinary people can enjoy the rare luxury of wagon wheel-based furniture.

I also suggest that this is a good old fashioned Courtin’ Chair, designed so that a young woman and her beau can sit out on the porch of an evening, and if he tries to get too amourous, there’s a great big hub of wheel in the way. And it’s curved, so he can’t rest a glass of the devil’s brew on it.

Of course given that it’s in Cannington, where getting too amourous and resting glasses of devil’s brew are the chief passtimes of the inhabitants, it’s not surprising that the chair still hasn’t been sold.

2. Is that a wagon wheel hub or are you just pleased to see me?

3. tomthrett says:

whoa. this is like magic. they have managed to recreate the feeling of vomiting and dying and make it inot a 3 dimensional realisation. also, check out jah-roc furniture for more vomit inducing ‘design’. BLURGH

4. “A 3D realisation of vomiting and dying”? It’s not often you get me laughing Tom, but that was wordsmithing at its best.

5. Rolly says:

It’s a bit like my old granny’s best crockery – meant to be seen, not to be used.

6. tomthrett says:

thanks la. i do have some gold tucked up in here.

7. Martin says:

Well this one has me in a… spin.
    I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised no one put the… brakes on this design.
    Obviously no one… Spoke… to this designer.

… More will come to me, I’m sure.

8. tomthrett says:

THIS IS WHEELY BAD.
    THIS CHAIR REALLY FELL OFF THE WAGON
    I WOOD HATE TO SIT ON THIS

9. adam1975 says:

I dunno, I reckon that’d give me the kind of lumbar support I need.

Though I particularly like how the side supports appear to be made out of the rest of the cart.

10. Levon says:

I’m curious as to what the asking price was for this wild west abortion of design.

11. Dammit, i should have looked at the price L.

12. Greg Tangey says:

Eat ze wagon wheel!

13. Mez says:

FOR SALE:
    Homemade wooden chair. Country Western theme. Jarrah, Wandoo, Karri, Chipboard and varnish. Indoor/Outdoor or use for bbq. You pick-up, Oversize load certificate required. Never used. Make an offer or will swap for Daihatsu Charade.

14. Seanus says: