Grout Expectations

Worst Graphic Design/Sign

OK, so many thought that the cheescake sign wasn’t such bad graphic design, but how about this? You would wonder why a grout cleaner would need police clearance until you see the woman on the van. Is this suggesting she will remove mould orally? Isn’t there some joke about sucking the chrome off a tow ball? (That was a hypothetical question Robotnik, in case you were going to reply to that.)

grout.jpg

groutcu.jpg

This entry was posted in worst graphic design, worst sign and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Grout Expectations

1. Golden1 says:

Are you sure that is a woman? The masculine cut to the chin and the big pink wig that appears to be pegged to “her” head tell a different story. Although the reason why a re-grouting service would paint a transvestite on the side of their van eludes me.

2. lazyaussie says:

Oh my God, Golden 1, her hair IS bolted on.

3. meccano101 says:

I’m curious as to what the free advice might be?

4. lazyaussie says:

The free advice would usually be, “Your grout is rooted. Let my “wife” fix you up.”

5. The Burglars Dog says:

A blow up doll with a wig clipped on………classic

6. lazyaussie says:

TBD
    But the feeling that she could indeed suck your grout clean is fairly compelling.

7. Not for prophet says:

I knew right from the start as I sat viewing this deceptively
    simple scene, that something didn’t ring true about it;
    something unnerving, something indiscernable and yet
    palpably suspicious. Over and over, around and around, my eyes followed my intuition that something far more sinister was lurking. Michaelangelo’s David as a two-year-old rising
    miniature out of the understatement of the foreground’s floral festival was a nice foil. My mind ran repeatedly over the graphics content. Was “Grotty Grout” a clumsy metaphor and in reality, the owner of this van provided a mobile hysterectomy service for the suburban housewife. Clearly, from her face, the woman didn’t seem to be able to live with a leaky recess.
    I searched and searched and was all but ready to give up, when suddenly, there it was, looming larger and larger to my tired but now widening eyes like a false detail in a West Australian column. It was all a cover up for the secret of the greenery behind the van. Yes, there it was. . . , a Cocos Palm.
    We may all lose the Gleam of our Grout, but let us never ever
    lose our Cocos Focus.

8. elwrongo says:

Well I’d say she’s obviously got issues with the work done.

I’d want to see evidence of their “police clearance”.

Perth, “The Tradesman’s Paradise.”

9. Vic Bitter says:

Its a pun, Thats ‘the’ Mrs Wally Grout, wife of the famous Australian wicket keeper of the thirties. Wally was a notoriously grubby individual but a very good cricketer by all accounts. People liked to say she had a “dirty Wally”.

I hoped these cowboys asked her for permission to use her name and likeness.