Nation Drunk on Kalamunda’s Shame

This blog received an emergency call from Waleed Aly on Radio National’s Drive show last night. The nation was gagging for news of just how much of a craphole Kalamunda is. Apparently. Never been on Radio National before. I’ve always had a dream to be constantly interrupted by Phillip Adams. One step closer. The audio is here. I did get to mention that I started the blog to label a journalist the worst in Australia. Mt Isa was suggested as being uglier than Kalamunda. I suggested a copper mine might brighten up Kala. Touche Waleed.

Aly, "gagging" for Kalamunda news.

Aly, “gagging” for Kalamunda news.

This entry was posted in worst radio, Worst suburb and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Nation Drunk on Kalamunda’s Shame

1. Russell Woolf's Lovechild says:

Waleed Aly – Australia’s go-to, tame Muzzy.

Did anyone catch Today Tonight’s Car v House investigation last night? I think I may have called for a Today Tonight special investigation at some stage – so I’ll take the credit for this undoubtedly hard hitting piece of journalism. I might even watch it too.

• Russell Woolf's Lovechild says:

This is not a TWOP twitter feed – WA Police and ECU team up for car versus house study

We may not be able to split the atom here in Perth but I’m pretty sure there is a Nobel prize waiting for someone who can explain why there is a 15yo Commodore in your lounge room.

• Jeezus did I really not write that?

• juantrak says:

God help us – another $500,000 down the drain as researchers conclude, after vast amounts of data have been studied, that a car can leave the road and hit a house, if the driver is a pissed bogan, with an attention span towards his driving, that approximates the attention span of a 2 yr old.
        Yes, I can say with a great deal of reliability, after studying the papers, this is an increasing problem – and if they give me $500,000, I’ll study up on the solution.
        The solution will be difficult to find and put in place, but I tend to think something like the Chinese solution would work (a bullet between the eyes for the worst offenders).

2. rottobloggo says:

Would the Kalamundites be 6PRacist or Aunty listeners?
    I’m sure it was on the Js when Shazza was in her beauty parlour.

3. Don Smith says:

Was the journalist Mooner Murray?

4. Misspent yoof says:

TWOP flags at half mast – the Bussie has resigned from politics.

Liked by 1 person

5. rottobloggo says:

Hmmmmmm. He said you’d “flown under the radar” (ie noone’s seen it) and you had a “narrow focus” (ie it was rubbish).
    You should have tipped your chair over and thrown an ashtray at him.

• Bento says:

Yes, it seemed a strange interview technique. Surely encouraging the interviewee to go further, rather than trying to downplay the claims, would have made for a more amusing interview?

• All interviewers that have spoken to me see it as an easy time filler that they don’t have to research or think about. Gillo, Russel, nanna etc. it would be good to have some more challenging questions. The 6pracist one got closest to actually talking about something, but he wasn’t really up to it.

6. Somerville says:

You should have called this the worst of the Luvvies. The ABC is a witless, humourless, putrid swamp; and Aly may be the worst of the swamp Luvvies.

• Sir Bill International says:

Give it a break, it’s just about to fall off.

• Rolly says:

…and still head-and-shoulders above anything else on the airwaves.

Best of a poor choice indeed, but if they had funding comparable to the those who make their income from the cost of everyday goods and services, then they might be able to afford to polish their work a bit better.

7. Yair, that 2013 University of the Sunshine Coast survey showed, of ABC journos, forty percent vote Green, a third Labour, so they’ve got their hearts in the right place. And have to subsist on a measly 1.22 billion annual budget. They deserve more, oh so so much more.

8. you'll get wet says:

Mt Isa IS bad. I have a friend who was traumatised when her mum dressed her up as Isa’s smokestack with red and white hoops, for a school function. Hi Lyn! I haven’t heard of any Kala mums dressing their kid as a honkynut but there’s still time.

• Rolly says:

Really?
      Mums doing a May Gibbs at public street processions and baby shows used to be quite the ‘thing’.
      Maybe that’s too passé for the lovely young mums these days.