Weekend Worstoff 220

B.T. writes, “I needed a plumber the other day.   I looked in the phone directory thinking “which one of these cunts should I call”.   I went with the obvious.  The five years I spent in Perth wasn’t  entirely wasted. “
Which enables me to post the essence of WA worst. Only possible here. By Sean G.
Some more PA foam rage from RubyRuby
And Lisa M. astounds with the news that there is actually a shop called Pimp my Ball in Mt Hawthorne.
Worst well.

This entry was posted in weekend worstoff. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 220

1. NF#1 says:

Kingsway Shopping Centre, RR? The first and last time me an’ the missus went there, about six months ago, she got her bag nicked, something which clearly wouldn’t happen at The Galleria. And please can Rolly tells us whether “they” is the correct pronoun for a singular, non-gendered noun to take. Anyway, nice hands: the world fascinates me.

• RubyRuby says:

Kingsway it is, whether in Madeley, Landsdale or possibly even (at a stretch) Darch (different shops / service providers cite these suburbs as their address… I just think of that place by the dip in the intersection on Wannaroo(t) Road…)

I’ve never had anything stolen from me there, but I was asked to let someone inspect my bag as I was leaving a muck and tat shop – they have several outlets of various stores which could each trade effectively as “Bogans’R’Us”.

And the blank faces at the “sports wear” stores when I ask for one piece swimwear is its own form of amusement…

Never as classy as the Galleria, but then I’ve never misplaced a machete in the carpark of Kingsway, so feel marginally safer there on the random large knife assault front.

• Rolly says:

Best to ask snuff on the misuse of they/their as a singular pronoun NF#1 – he being the exclusive fount of knowledge on the grammar front.
      My occupation as a linguistics researcher ceased decades ago, so I am not current with the present day contortions of the English language.
      To me it is just a polite euphemism for “it” since people – singular and plural – dislike being depersonalised just as much as being referred to in a gender specific manner.
      All a lot of ‘political correctness’, I reckon.

2. pete says:

Just in: Liza Harvey has promised to introduce legislation that will give police powers to stop and search anyone suspected of carrying more than 30 ml of liquid soap. 2 million dollars has been allocated to retrain police dogs to sniff out lavender and jasmine and they’ll be on the streets before Christmas, when liquid soap theft peaks.

Mark McGowan has declared the new legislation unworkable and ridiculous but was quickly denounced by the premier as being soft on liquid soap.

I love that, rather than patrolling the streets for weeks, BT just picked up the phone and made the Worst come to them. Nice work.

4. RubyRuby says:

Disappointed by the residents of Mt Hawthorn. How hard is an “s”?!

5. orbea says:

My what an interesting shirt you have on RR. What star sign are you?

6. PeteF says:

Some fabulous worsting right there folks, provided year after year for our continued … I don’t know what. Good work B.T.

Pimp my ball hey, & there I was today thinking that being called ‘fancyballs’ on the golf course was funny.