The Worst of Perth TV. Monster Kingswood Theatre

It was the incarnation of blind and insensate Greed. It was a monster devouring with a thousand mouths, trampling with a thousand hoofs; it was the Great Butcher–it was the spirit of Capitalism made flesh.
Upton Sinclair

Well if The West online can have West TV (Gawd save us) Then The Worst of Perth needs to match it. A Monster Kingswood Station Wagon? If I didn’t video it, I still wouldn’t believe it. I had a more ambitious production in mind, but the Microsoft editor only has ONE audio track. Jeez, you think for free they’d provide a mixing track. I include a still for those unable to access youtube at work. The monster wagon also goes past an East Perth sculpture that has been suggested worst before AND The Chinese Embassy. You won’t see this on West TV.

This entry was posted in worst of perth. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Worst of Perth TV. Monster Kingswood Theatre

1. Tony T says:

Jazz? Like, seriously, Lazy dude. Surely a 70’s car in Perth warrants the Dugites.

hey, who’s been dissing the Rubik Snake sculpture in East Perth?

I rather like it. It is an impossible triangle – at one viewing point opposite the embassy all the arms line up to form a triangle.

Next time you go round the roundabout, concentrate hard on the sculpture. The point at which the arms line up is the point at which you lose control of your vehicle and drive into the pond.

also, the Chinese embassy is regarded as one of the better bits of recent architecture – it was recommended by Wallpaper magazine as one of the few things worth seeing in Perth (but they are a bit wanky, that lot)

love the Kinswood – not too hot round the corners though – bet you’d get seasick

3. You are right Tony. I had a much better audio track made, with dialogue, but the first free editor wouldn’t wouldn’t save it. Had to just dump one audio track onto the microsoft editor.

4. Yeah Skink, i don’t mind the sculpture which is why it hasn’t been up. The embarrassy isn’t too bad. i’ve had to line up for visas in there a few times.

5. Jay says:

Hey LA,
    There is a similar kind of Kingswood station wagon modified vehicle (in a fetching maroon colour too) that seems to reside on Sheparton Rd in Vic Park. I often see it on the way into the city. I like to think the monster truck look (along with the fact that it is parked on the verge) is purposely designed put fear and trepidation into the hearts of morning commuters and demonstrate that the owner could drive over traffic jams in an instant!

6. Rolly says:

You should cross reference this to all “map of Tassie” comments.
    That’s where the monsters originated, I believe.
    Cunt of a car at best.

7. I think it is amazing that, A, it got around that corner (love the indicating) and B that someone spent a lot of time and money raising a Kingswood wagon off the ground.

8. Rolly says:

Not *a* Kingswood LA.
    They were in small scale production for quite a while.

9. Rolly says:

Result Listings Result 1-1 of 1

For Sale 4WD AND RECREATIONAL: 4WD and rec vehicles

OVERLANDER 1975, Premier wagon, recond 308, T400, Dana running gear, 6 mths lic, vgc, offers around $7000. S Ftle. 0417-372-517

There you go LA,
    You can even have one of your own ;)

10. There seems to be an extra zero on the price. No, I was born a Valiant man, and I’ll die a Valiant man. My middle names are Regal Safari

11. Rolly says:

Mine are Hillman Hunter; as in “I’m a mountain man, I like mountain gals.”

12. Lolala says:

I think it’s cool… always wanted to ride in one of those raised up tough looking cars. Be a good view too.

13. Grouchiegrrl says:

bizarre – that bloody thing tailgated me all the way up Reid Hwy this morning, blinding me with it’s lights!

14. Rolly says:

Watch it Grouchiegrrl, they are exported Tassie Devils and there’s a few of them around.

15. dave says:

rolly is correct the kingswood was built in tassie by some authur guy he built them and holden even gave the full warrenty on the car many that are driving on the road are fakes the tassie made ones are build with dayna diffs 5L v8 auto
    at the time they where the best 4wd running around v8 auto and luxury features (electric rear window)
    actually the one on shepperton rd is for sale atm

16. DethLok says:

I like them.
    It’s the overlander Torana hatchback with the tray where the hatch used to be that makes me go “WTF?” I’ve seen it in Morley once or twice… Fugly thing with no obvious redeeming features at all, but someone thought it was a good idea…

17. Zuben says:

Has no one ever commented on the Mad Pouiyt sculpture at the centre of the roundabout before ?