Yule Pay for This

Half a dozen requests to cover Perth’s infamous Christmas decorations. This is the worst one I could see in Northbridge.

christmas decorations northbridge

This entry was posted in worst design and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Yule Pay for This

1. Mazarina says:

ah X-mas, the season of giving…eyesores. The city decorations are sad, but just wait till all the domestic light displays go up! I suppose it’s merciful that they glare blindingly as it goes some way to disguise the true hideousness of plastic snow men, santas, reindeer and nativity scenes nestled amongst dying summer lawns. And I think there needs to be some kind of law about just how many fairy lights can realistically be draped around a single house.

2. lazyaussie says:

We will need a new nuclear power station to power them

3. Rae says:

I think I saw this decoration in the 90’s, though it looks like it’s an 80’s piece. Either that, or everything just starts to look the same at Christmas, with the same motifs and shiny things year after year after year….

4. Leonard says:

This was featured on The Stayers on Channel 31 a few years ago in a segment called When Christmas decorations go wrong. I think the punchline was a police ad.

5. Liam Hogan says:

Did they have Christmas decorations in the DDR?
    That’s gotta be a knockoff from some East German Ministry of state.

6. lazyaussie says:

It is teh workers paradise here, don’t forget.

7. Kendally says:

There was a house [in ’05 and ’06, not sure about last year] that backed onto Nicholson Road in Canning Vale and had some lights strung up that looked like a wang. I almost wet myself the first time I noticed it.