Tomb Raider

Worst House. Guest Post by Cimbali

I came across this place when I had to detour around a truck unloading a piano on my way to work. It is on King George Street in Victoria Park. I can’t help but think it would be improved with the judicious placement of some cocos palms.
Cimbali

Looks like where a some despotic foreign potentate might bury one of his minor concubines. As soon as you said “house in Victoria Park” I knew the place you meant. I’ve been past it hundreds of times and have never seen anyone going in or even a flutter of the blinds. I’m convinced there’s a marble sarcophagus inside -ed.

tomb raider

This entry was posted in worst architecture, worst house and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Tomb Raider

1. lazyaussie says:

I like this one, though a less marmoreal appearance might make it look a bit more liveable. Bright red perhaps?

2. meccano101 says:

Wow, I used to live around the corner from this place. I seem to recall that it had the word ‘Roma’ written on the front of it in curly metal letters many years ago.

3. L says:

I lived over the road from this house for 5 years and walked past it twice a day. In that whole time I never saw a person enter or leave it either.

Have had many a conversation about just WHO does live there?

4. Téa B says:

I, too, lived on King George Street for years and I don’t think I ever saw anyone come in or out of it.

I do remember a pool party sound when I was walking past there non Skyshow night, once, but thats it.

I have now officially fallen in love with this site. between Vic Park and Morley WTFs, I can now feel vindicated. Heh.

5. lazyaussie says:

Thanks mate. I have added a best of perth link to my “good” Perth photos too, but as I suspected, people are more interested in bad than good.

6. Joe says:

I love this house.. every time I drive past it I think how cool it would be to live there!

7. lazyaussie says:

Yeah it is pretty cool, and mysterious.

8. Pingback: Weekend Worstoff 13 « The Worst of Perth